The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires creating and publishing this page. This Privacy Notice applies solely to residents of the State of California (“Users”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Privacy Notice.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular CA User or device (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA Users within the last twelve (12) months:
Category Examples Collected
A. Identifiers. Email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth, and mobile telephone number. YES
B. Personal information categories are listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). First/last name, mailing address, and mobile telephone number. YES
F. Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a CA User’s interaction with the Site, application, or advertisement. YES
Personal information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records.
• De-identified or aggregated CA User information.
• Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
o health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
O specific sector-specific privacy laws cover personal information, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information for which we indicated “YES” above from the following types of sources:
• Directly from our CA Users. For example, from online registration forms that our CA Users submit to us in connection with our membership services, our sweepstakes and promotions, and the other products and services that we offer by and through the Site. (Category A and B)
• Indirectly from our CA Users. For example, we collect information from our CA Users to provide our products and services to them. (Category A, B, and F)
• Directly and indirectly from activity on the Site and via particular tracking technology after you leave the Site. This includes the type of browser you use (e.g., Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer), your IP address, the type of operating system you use (e.g., Windows or iOS), and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider. In addition, we obtain specific Site usage details and analytics as the same is collected automatically by our third-party partners and us. This includes the advertisements that you click on and interact with, the Site’s pages (and other websites) visited and items purchased/added to your cart. (Category F)
• From third parties that interact with us in connection with the products and services that we offer to our CA Users. For example, third-party entities that assist us in sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from CA User lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing analysis. (Category A and B)
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information that we collect (including email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth, and mobile telephone number) for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, please provide us with personal information about your registration for our membership services, our sweepstakes and promotions, and our other products and services. We will use that information to process your registration. (Category A, B, and F)
• To provide you with information, products, or services you request from us. (Category A, B, and F)
• To create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us. (Category A, B, and F)
• To provide you with email, direct mail, and telemarketing messages concerning certain SweepsCrush products and services and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. (Category A and B)
• To deliver relevant Site content to you. (Category A, B, and F)
• To serve you relevant advertisements on the Site and third-party websites when you exit the Site and measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertising. (Category A, B, and F)
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts between you and us, including the Site’s Terms and Conditions. (Category A, B, and F)
• To improve the Site and better present its contents to you. (Category A, B, and F)
• For customer service purposes and to respond to inquiries from you. (Category A and B)
• For testing, research, analysis, and product development. (Category A, B, and F)
• As necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety, and that of our clients or others. (Category A, B, and F)
• To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations. (Category A, B, and F)
• As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise outlined in the CCPA. (Category A, B, and F)
• To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred. (Category A, B, and F)
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sharing Personal Information
When we disclose personal information to a third-party service provider or other entity, we enter into a contractual relationship that describes the purpose for which such third party may use the personal data and requires that third party to both keep the personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose other than the performance of its services under the applicable contract. Please note, we do not collect information from CA Users that we know are less than eighteen (18) years of age, and we do not share or sell the personal information of CA Users that we know are less than eighteen (18) years of age. In addition, without limiting the preceding, we have not shared or sold the personal information of CA Users that we know are less than sixteen (16) years of age in the prior twelve (12) months.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold personal information to third parties.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
• Our affiliates. (Category A, B, and F)
• Service providers. (Category A, B, and F)
• Third parties who provide payment processing services in connection with the prizes you may win in connection with the promotions featured on the Site. (Category A and B)
• Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products and services that we provide to you. (Category A and B)
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared personal information ((including email address, first/last name, mailing address, date of birth, and mobile telephone number)) for the business purposes set forth above.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides CA Users (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out from the “Sale” of Your Personal Information
Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis respects your privacy. Your trust is important to us, and we are committed to providing you with meaningful choices concerning the information we collect from or about you. Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) and other applicable California State privacy laws provide California residents with certain rights concerning their personal information, including the right to opt-out of certain disclosures of personal data, as explained below.
- Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis collects information from or about you, including personal information, using our Privacy Notice’s Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis services. In addition, if you are a registered user of the Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis services, we may disclose specific information we collect about you for purposes that may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. For example, we may disclose information to advertising partners, technology companies, and companies that perform advertising-related services to provide more relevant advertising tailored to your interests on the Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis services. Perhaps, this may help personalize your experience and the content you see on Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis and other platforms and services, as described in our Privacy Notice.
- Under the CCPA, you have the right to request a report, opt-out of the “sale,” and request deletion of your personal information. We provide this right, subject to a verifiable consumer request, to account holders regarding personal information collected by us in connection with your account, including any profiles.
- If you are not a registered user of the Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis services, we have limited information about you and do not “sell” your personal information.
If you have any questions regarding Discovering Modern Political Systems Analysis’s data-sharing practices, you can reach us at email@example.com.